All affiliates or patients without restrictions based on race, sex, age, language, religion, economic position or social status, have, in accordance with the content of Law 1751 of 2015, the right to:
- To access health services and technologies that guarantee comprehensive, timely and high quality care.
- To maintain a full, permanent, express and clear communication with the treating health professional.
- To obtain clear, appropriate and sufficient information from the treating health professional that allows them to make free, conscious and informed decisions regarding the procedures that they will practice and their risks. No person may be forced, against their will, to receive health treatment.
- To receive a dignified treatment, respecting their beliefs and customs, as well as the personal opinions they have about the procedures.
- That the clinical history be treated in a confidential and reserved manner and that it can only be known by third parties, with prior authorization of the patient or in the cases provided for in the law, and to be able to consult all of its clinical history for free and obtain a copy of the same.
- To provided during the entire disease process, quality assistance by health workers properly trained and authorized to practice.
- To the provision and timely access to the required technologies and medicines.
- To receive health services in conditions of hygiene, safety and respect for their privacy.
- To intimacy. The confidentiality of all the information that is provided in the field of access to health services and of the health and illness conditions of the person is guaranteed, without prejudice to the possibility of access to it by the family members in the authorized events by the law or the authorities in the conditions that it determines.
- To receive information about the formal channels to present claims, complaints, suggestions and in general, for communicate with the administration of the institutions, as well as to receive a written response.
- To request and receive explanations or accountability about the costs for health treatments received.
- To freely choose the health professional who they wish to be treated by within the available personnel.
As it happened with the rights, the Statutory Health Law updated the duties of the people in front of the Health System. All affiliates or patients without restrictions due to race, sex, age, language, religion, economic position or social status, have, in accordance with the content of Law 1751 of 2015, the following duties:
- Tend for self-care, that of your family and that of your community.
- Attend in a timely manner the recommendations made in the promotion and prevention programs.
- Act in solidarity with situations that endanger the life or health of people.
- Respect the personnel responsible for the provision and administration of health services.
- Comply with the rules of the health system.
- Act in good faith in front of the health system.
- Provide in a timely and sufficient manner the information required for the purpose of the service.
- To contribute solidarity to the financing of the expenses that demand the attention in health and the social security in health, in agreement with its capacity of payment.
LETTER OF RIGHTS AND DUTIES TO OUR PATIENTS